Calcium is by weight one of the most abundant elements in the human body and is mostly found in the bones and teeth. It most commonly occurs in the form of calcium phosphate, as well as a free calcium cation, bound with proteins, sulfates, and carbonates. Calcium participates in neural and muscular activity. It is necessary for proper blood clotting. It regulates numerous phenomena and also has a structural function.
It has been proven that calcium contributes to normal blood clotting, normal energy-yielding metabolism, normal muscle function, normal neurotransmission and the normal function of digestive enzymes. Furthermore, calcium has a role in the process of cell division and specialization. It is also needed for the maintenance of normal bones and teeth.
Through the daily consumption of 5 servings of Mana Powder or Mana Drink, your calcium intake would be 1000 mg (1,2).
One from the often mentioned question is a right proportion of calcium and phosphorus intake. If we eat well, we don't have to be nothing worried about. For adults, the average intake of phosphorus is 1415,85 mg per day and average intake of calcium is 928 mg per day. According to body relation of calcium and phosphorus was established recommended daily intake of phosphorus. This relation is approximately between 1,4:1 - 1,9:1 (Ca : P).
The recommended daily intake of calcium is 850 mg and recommended daily intake of phosphorus is 550 mg.
Here are mentioned the examples of individual and often eaten foodstuffs with approximate contain of phosphorus ( The phosphorus contain does not have to be always natural.) 100g of emmental / white bread / almonds / or lens is contain more than 450 mg of this element. For comparison, Mana has natural and the lower amount of phosphorus. In 100g of Mana you will receive 349 of phosphorus.
Vitamin D contributes to normal absorption / utilization of calcium and phosphorus. It also contributes to retain a normal condition of our bones. In one serving of Mana is contained 1,3 µg of vitamin D in the form of ergocalciferol (3,4,5).
Enjoy Mana as part of your varied and balanced diet and healthy lifestyle. Mana is suitable for all healthy adults.
1) Tolerable upper intake levels for vitamins and minerals, Scientific Committee on Food, Scientific Panel on Dietetic Products, Nutrition and Allergies, EFSA 2006, on-line: http://www.efsa.europa.eu/sites/default/files/efsa_rep/blobserver_assets/ndatolerableuil.pdf
2) Vitamin and mineral requirements in human nutrition: report of a joint FAO/WHO expert consultation, Bangkok, Thailand, 21–30 September 1998. on-line: http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/42716/1/9241546123.pdf
3) Scientific Opinion on Dietary Reference Values for calcium, EFSA Panel on Dietic Products, Nutrition and Allergies (NDA), Italy, 8 December 2015, on-line :
4) Scientific Opinion on Dietary Reference Values for phosphorus, EFSA Panel on Dietic Products, Nutrition and Allergies (NDA), Italy, on-line:
5) Nařízení komise (EU), 16 May, onli-ne: